Smithsonian Institution, which "...collects artifacts, archival materials, and oral histories; is home to the nation's jazz orchestra, the Smithsonian Jazz Masterworks Orchestra (SJMO), so designated by congressional appropriation; curates exhibitions and traveling exhibitions; offers research fellowships; produces recordings and videos; publishes books and jazz music editions such as the recently launched Jazz: The Smithsonian Anthology; offers lectures and seminars for adults; and develops educational offerings for students".
Are you a jazz aficionado? Consider browsing our catalog for our jazz collection! The ABC Libraries' catalog features music on CD, DVDs, & books on the subject for you to enjoy.
You can support jazz locally by checking out the NM Jazz Workshop, the Outpost Performance Space, or local jazz clubs like Jazzbah.
Frank Sinatra is featured on this year's JAM poster. Past honorees have included Mary Lou Williams, Dave Brubeck, Benny Goodman, & Ella Fitzgerald.
- Armchair Travels - Tuscany
- Community Science Connections - Science Fun for th...
- Gathering of Nations
- Got a reluctant teen reader? Have them give these...
- Earth Day
- All ABC Libraries open at 2 p.m. today!
- Spring Cleaning
- El día de los niños/El día de los libros
- 100th Anniversary of the Sinking of the Titanic
- Albuquerque Poet Laureate
- Poets & Writers Film Festival
- Juan Tabo Renovations
- Celebrate National Library Week!
- National Poetry Month
- Jazz Appreciation Month
- ▼ April (16)
- ► 2011 (174)
- ► 2010 (153)