Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Make a Beautiful Mess!

Because I have trouble cutting a straight line with scissors, I am not much of a do-it-yourself-er, but I revere the art that it is and love looking at books on the subject!  I think it is so special to be able to personalize projects to be just how you want them, and then to make them yourself.  It's magic to me.

My current favorite in this vein is from the creators of A Beautiful Mess, which is comprised of two of the most adorable sisters you've ever seen - Elsie Larson and Emma Chapman.  They have created two books so far, but they were originally bloggers and do a ton of work online at their site, A Beautiful Mess.  They have also created two top selling apps in the iTunes store, their own product line, and their own company.  Whoa!  Not only are these women super cute, they are inspiring in a make-you-want-to-do-what-you-really-want-to-do-with-your-life sort of way.

Let me introduce you to their two books, if you haven't met (and maybe you have; I tend to be a little behind the times).  One is a fantastic photo-inspiration book, the kind that both novices and professionals can benefit from, and the other is a DIY for almost anything you can think of at home, from pillows to party ideas:





 
As a completely unofficial companion (maybe its subtitle should actually be A Not-So-Beautiful Mess?) there is this highly entertaining book about DIY gone wrong.  I recommend it for craft-lovers and the unskilled alike:



Anybody out there have any DIY stories of joy or horror?

No comments: