Saturday, April 26, 2014

Author Playlist: Emery Lord


Open Road Summer by Emery Lord

Follows seventeen-year-old Reagan as she tries to escape heartbreak and a bad reputation by going on tour with her country superstar best friend--only to find more trouble as she falls for the surprisingly sweet guy hired to pose as the singer's boyfriend.



I recently read and loved Open Road Summer by Emery Lord. Because it's about a country singer, I thought I would see if the author had a playlist of music she listened to while she wrote the book. I love music, and I love seeing what authors listen to while they write. Based on how much I loved the book, I assumed Emery Lord would have an awesome playlist for it.

Unfortunately, I didn't find a playlist specifically for Open Road Summer on Emery Lord's website, but I did find several other playlists. Each playlist had great songs, but for this post, I decided to focus on the country music that was included on the playlists.

"Strawberry Wine" by Deana Carter
"Light Me Up--Encore" by Hunter Hayes
"Our Song" by Taylor Swift
"Barefoot Blue Jean Night" by Jake Owen
"Cruise" by Florida Georgia Line
"Stars Tonight" by Lady Antebellum
"Sunny and 75" by Joe Nichols
"Perfect Day" by Lady Antebellum
"Springsteen" by Eric Church
"Life is a Highway" by Rascal Flatts
"Follow Your Arrow" by Kacey Musgraves

Some of my favorite songs--Springsteen, Sunny and 75, and Barefoot Blue Jean night--made her lists. I also adore Lady Antebellum, and was happy to see them on her lists (twice!). I haven't listened to every country song Emery Lord included on her playlists, but the ones I have listened to are perfect for Open Road Summer. Want to listen to the songs above? We have some of the albums in the library catalog--just click on the artist's name to see place them on hold.

Have you read Open Road Summer yet? My co-workers and I can't stop talking about. If you haven't read it, put it on hold! If you have read it, what songs would you put on an Open Road Summer playlist?


No comments: