We've given the library's website a new look! Don't worry, same address, same great content, only now the site will be the same whether you are accessing it from your computer or your smartphone. We’ve also added a dropdown menu so that you can find what you’re looking for faster.
The beta site has been available for preview for a while now, but here's some features we'd like to mention:
- My Account: View your checked out items, renew them, place holds, view (and pay) fines; access your reading history (if you've opted in), your preferred searches, and your lists. This link now takes you to Encore instead of Classic Catalog, for you to take advantage of the Overdrive & 3M Cloud Library integration (check out digital media directly from the catalog!).
- Books and More: Have questions about Interlibrary Loan? Want to Suggest a Purchase? Want to see lists of new music, DVDs, and audiobooks? You can also sign up for library emails to get book suggestions by mail and access Classic Catalog, if that's your preferred catalog search.
- Downloads: Use this to search our copious digital media offerings (3M Cloud Library, eBrary, OneClickDigital, Overdrive, and Zinio). There's also an "About and Help!" page, which includes descriptions of the services, printable instructions, and links to in-person assistance through our Gizmo Garage programs.
- Research: Includes an A-Z list of of eResources and databases, a list of guides for 23 subjects (from Career Resources to Grants to New Mexico Interest and beyond), and links to our Genealogy Center and Special Collections Library.
- Events: Want to just see today's events? How about just Storytimes or just computer classes? You can find them here, or search by branch, age group, or subject.
- About Us: Read library news (nice pictures of our new Central & Unser Library!), view our mission statement, learn about special programs, services, and how you can get involved! Includes links to the Library Advisory Board, Friends for the Public Library, and Albuquerque Library Foundation.
- Ask Us: Really, ask us. Type in your question or see if the answer is already in our popular topics! You can also text us a question.
Click on Mi Biblioteca for information about the library in Spanish. Click on Hours & Locations for an overview of library locations, hours of operation, and contact information. Click on the branch of your choice to find out more about their ongoing programs, amenities and services, and meeting and/or study room availability.
Note: If you enter a search term in Find Books, eBooks, DVDs, and more, you will be searching in Encore.
Much of the same information you can find in the top menu, but no searching required for those who want to scroll a list of events, visit the Teen Zone or Kids Corner (find events in these age groups, get homework help, see library eResources for youth...and for parents!), or see a list of Gizmo Garages and Computer Classes. How Do I...? has a dropdown menu of FAQ, such as Get a Library Card, Suggest a Purchase, and Pay Fines. Tutor.com links you to our homework help learning suite and the Library Card Mobile App shows you how to put your library card barcode on your phone - one less thing in your wallet! There's also links to a Value Calculator, our digital media info page, and a link to items labeled as "staff picks" in the library catalog.
Yay, you made it to the bottom of the page! This menu contains many of the same links mentioned above, but includes contact information and links to the library's social media accounts - Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and this blog.
Any questions? Ask Us! Either use the link from the library website or leave us a comment below.