Saturday, September 24, 2016

Book Cover Love: Amusement Parks



I'm always interested in book cover trends, and a trend I've been seeing since about 2013, that I absolutely love, is amusement parks. I've seen a lot of young adult novels that have Ferris wheels, roller coasters, or other amusement park rides on the covers, but it's also showing up in middle grade fiction and adult fiction. Here are my favorite covers that are part of this trend.



Undertow and Raging Sea by Michael Buckley 

Saint Anything by Sarah Dessen 

Our Brothers at the Bottom of the Bottom of the Sea by Jonathan David Kranz 

Whisper to Me by Nick Lake 

All the Missing Girls by Megan Miranda

The Beginning of Everything by Robyn Schneider

Welcome to the Dark House by Laurie Faria Stolarz

I think what I really love about amusement parks being on the covers of books is that the books aren't always happy stories. Usually when I think about amusement parks, I think of laughter and cotton candy and all other sorts of good things. But, Saint Anything, Whisper to me, and All the Missing Girls are anything but happy stories, and honestly, that's a big reason why they're some of my favorite books on this list.


Have you noticed this trend? What are you favorite books with amusement parks on the covers? Let us know in the comments!

No comments: