The Public Library ABQ-BernCo is always trying to meet the needs of a changing world. We're not just books - we're eBooks! We're a Seed Library! Check out cake pans, Kindle Fire Tablets, Kill-a-Watt Energy Detectors! Subscribe our our email book recommendation newsletters! Our databases and subject guides are open 24/7, with your valid library card - learn a new language with Pronunciator or look up the list of Caldecott winners. Are we missing something you need? Suggest a purchase or get it via interlibrary loan. Do you need to book a meeting or study room for your group? We've got those. And more! Here are some of the latest additions to our library offerings, as well as some older programs of which you might not be aware:
Freegal is a free music service which offers download or streaming access to more than 9 million songs and over 15,000 music videos, including Sony Music’s catalog of legendary artists. In total the collection is comprised of music from over 28,000 labels with music that originates in over 100 countries. Freegal works with almost all computers, players, tablets, and smartphones. No special software is needed, but there are Apple and Android apps available for a more mobile friendly experience. To access your Freegal benefits, your library account needs to be in good standing. You can download 3 songs per week and stream 3 hours per day using your library card number and PIN to log in.
Friends for the Public Library
For information about donating at library branches, book sales, and more.
The Genealogy Center is located at the Main Library. Contact the center to schedule a tour at the Genealogy Center or to come to you with a half hour presentation about the many resources available for free from the Public Library ABQ-BernCo and the Genealogy Center to support family history research. Or stop by for Research Day (last Tuesday of the month) or Military Research Day (first Tuesday of the month). The American Ancestors database is only accessible at this location.
Want to meet eReaders and learn how to borrow eBooks, eAudiobooks, and digital magazines from the library? Visit our Gizmo Garage for hands-on experience with devices and in-person assistance with library downloads.
A local history lecture series at Special Collections presented by The Public Library ABQ – BernCo, Historic Albuquerque, Inc., and Oasis Albuquerque.
Mergent Intellect Global
Access comprehensive information such as Company descriptions & history, Products & services, Structure & operations, Competitors, SEC filings, Annual reports with synopsis, and Business news & industry trends. Use company information to research companies and competitors in your industry, find new business opportunities. Find information on 245 million private/public & inactive global businesses companies. Also, access full family trees including domestic and international subsidiaries and branches.
Use your library card to check out a Hotspot providing you with free, and mobile, internet access! The Public Library ABQ-BernCo is very pleased to be working with T-Mobile to offer mobile Hotspots for check-out.
- The mobile Hotspots may be checked out at all ABQ-BernCo Library locations.
- Customers must have a valid ABQ-BernCo Library card.
- Hotspots may be checked out by adult cardholders with full access accounts, in good standing.
- Hotspots can be checked out for 3 weeks.
- Hotspots are not eligible for renewal.
- All components (Hotspot, charger, cord, and piece case) must be present upon return for the library to consider the item checked in.
- Instruction cards are included with the hotspots.
- Replacement for the Hotspot is $120.
- Hotspots must be returned to a staff member at the Circulation Desk.
Museum Discovery Pass Program
Check the catalog (a keyword search of "family pass" will bring up all of them) or call a library branch and ask them to check the library catalog - the passes are first come, first served, and you cannot place holds. If the pass you're looking for is not currently available, keep checking the Museum Discovery Pass LibGuide for updates on new program dates!
- Albuquerque International Balloon Museum - Current program has ended, new program dates are pending.
- Albuquerque Museum of Art and History - Passes available through August 31, 2017.
- Explora! - Passes available through September 30, 2017.
- Indian Pueblo Cultural Center - Passes available through August 31, 2017.
- Maxwell Museum of Anthropology - Passes available through August 31, 2017.
- National Museum of Nuclear Science & History - Passes available through August 31, 2017.
- New Mexico Family Pass - Visit any of 15 state museums and historic sites throughout NM; Passes are active.
- ABQ BioPark - Passes for free admission up to 4 people to the BioPark will be available through December 31, 2016.
The TREP Center is Public Library ABQ-BernCo’s hub for small business owners, entrepreneurs, inventors and researchers. At the TREP Center, you'll find information resources curated with the startup community in mind. In addition to print and digital resources, the center is home to Book-a-Librarian. Make an appointment for a consultation with a librarian with special training in connecting citizens to innovation and planning resources throughout Albuquerque.
Programs and events at all branches of the Public Library ABQ-BernCo.
Photo credit: Library attendant. Photograph. Encyclopædia Britannica ImageQuest. Web. 18 May 2016.http://quest.eb.com/search/108_1087746/1/108_1087746/cite