Saturday, August 27, 2016

August in Review


August isn't quite over yet, but my reading for the month pretty much is. Because I went on vacation this month, I didn't do quite as much reading as I thought I would. I don't know about anyone else, but whenever I go on vacation, I think, "This is great! I'll be able to read at least three books while I'm gone!" and I'm lucky if I read one.

This month, I actually stuck to the reading theme my sister and I decided on (New York Times bestsellers). My sister also told me it's okay if I read advanced reader copies, since it's work-related, so you'll see some of those mixed in with my list, too. Here's what I read this month.

Saving Hamlet by Molly Booth 
Caraval by Stephanie Garber
The Little Paris Bookshop by Nina George
A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Gray
The Bazaar of Bad Dreams by Stephen King
End of Watch by Stephen King
We Are Still Tornadoes by Michael Kun 
Wrecked by Maria Padian
Love & Gelato by Jenna Evans Welch

The best thing I read this month, by far, was Caraval. It doesn't come out until January 2017, and if you haven't already added it to your to-be read list, you need to. I don't read much fantasy, but Caraval made me fall in love with YA fantasy again (other YA fantasy novels have done that before--mainly, Laini Taylor's series, Daughter of Smoke and Bone, Days of Blood and Starlight, and Dreams of Gods and Monsters).

What did you read in August? Let us know in the comments!


No comments: